Trials for the NPL (2018) teams will be held over two consecutive weeks in October 2017 at Churchill Reserve (Pitch 1). The schedule can be found below. Prior to the Trial dates, ALL players must register online through the St Albans Saints Google Form. Click here to fill in your form.
How You Will Be Assessed
Player Criteria – players will not only be assessed on their footballing skills but the coaching panel will be looking at a player’s attitude as well.
- Football Attitude: how a player reacts to his coach and his peers during the trial process.
- Fitness Levels: players are expected to demonstrate that they are able to sustain a 60 minute training session.
- Skill Level: players are expected to have and show a very high level of football skills.
- Appearance: players are expected to attend trials in appropriate football attire.
Training Session and Assessments:
- Ball Skills: Ball Control – Dribbling – Passing (Short and Long) – Heading
- Defending: Tackling and Defending to retrieve a ball in game sessions
- Running: Sprinting for Speed Training
- Discipline: Attention to Discussions and Instructions – Task Completion – Respect for all Coaches.
The form will close Monday 2nd of October 2017 at 2:00pm.
If you require more information please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org